Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling attachements options

Danny Hartshorne
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 26, 2019

Hello All,

We are currently wanting to run a board with multiple teams to launch a marketing system.

Our Client has told us that if (even by mistake) a CSV documents containing marketing data is uploaded to trello and for some reason the data is leaked the impact could be huge. 

So my question is, is there a way to stop certain types of files being uploaded or to disable to attachment feature all together?

Thanks 
Danny 

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2019

@Danny Hartshorne there's no way to disable attachments, but you could mandate that all files be placed into Google Drive and linked to cards instead. That way they're contained in a more secure environment with stricter access controls.

When Trello attachments are deleted, they're deleted from Trello's S3 account so you could also have an API script that ensures all attachments that go onto a card are from Google Drive (ie. they have Drive/Docs URLs) and delete anything that isn't a Google Drive link immediately as it's attached.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events