Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable "link cards"

Pascal Raabe January 7, 2022

When I paste a URL into a list it used to create a card, attach the pasted link as a link attachment, fetch the page title and add it as a card title and fetch a preview image and add it as an attachment to the card.

Now with the new "link card" feature it creates a card that does the same on the surface but isn't useful at all because it doesn't behave like a card. It can't have labels, descriptions, checklists or anything else that a card need to have to be useful. When I click on this card it opens the link instead of letting me work with the content of the card. It's infuriating!

Is there a way to switch off the "link card" behaviour and get the old functionality back? I don't want preview images or link titles updating at any point. I just want to paste a URL and get those assets added to a card that I can then populate with labels, checklists, comments etc.

Trello.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2022

Hi @Pascal Raabe 

Welcome to the Community!!

Use search something like

has:attachments board:id

to get the Useful cards

There is no configuration inbuilt to get the cards with attachments on board

Thanks,
Pramodh

Pascal Raabe January 7, 2022

Thanks Pramodh.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm not searching for cards. I want to *create* cards, just regular cards and automatically attach a link to the card as well as a preview image fetched from that link. I do not want this to be a "link card" because I want to use labels, descriptions, comments, checklists etc. on that card.

This used to be the standard behaviour when pasting a URL into a list. The automatic "link card" feature seems to have removed that behaviour entirely.

If link cards can't be turned off, I was wondering if there's a workaround using Butler to achieve the same result?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events