Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Boards

Chip Morris August 21, 2020

I have a business license and I'm the only one in my organization who uses Trello, and it's probably going to stay that way.

When I click on Boards, I have Started, Recent, Personal, and Chip's Boards. Everything under Chip's Boards has the BC logo (business class?). I don't know what the difference is between Personal and Chip's Boards is. And, I don't know why I'd want to use one over the other.

Thanks.

Chip

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2020

@Chip Morris if you have a personal board, it won't get the Butler quota from your business class license, you won't be able to have unlimited power ups, no advanced checklists and so on. In other words, the business class features you're paying for are tied to boards that belong to a business class team, they aren't part of your user account.

Chip Morris August 22, 2020

@Iain Dooley So it sounds like I should move my Personal boards to my BC boards in order to make sure I have no limits? 

Also, what do you mean by the Butler quota?

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2020

@Chip Morris Butler has limits to the number of command runs and operations:

https://help.trello.com/article/1181-butler-features-and-quotas

And yeah if you have a BC team, there's no reason to have any personal boards, you can still make team boards private so no-one else can see your personal stuff.

Chip Morris August 23, 2020

@Iain Dooley  - Thanks for this. I'll recategorize my Boards. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events