• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Desktop Trello accessing public board

I have access to a public board on my browser but I'm unable to see this board on my desktop Trello.

Should I be able to view this board in both?

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley Community Leader Sep 12, 2020

@TomUX Hmm well one option would be to copy a link to the public board, paste it onto a card on a board you're a member of, then click on that attachment link from the desktop app. My guess is you will then go through to the public board within the desktop app.

Thanks @Iain Dooley 

I copied the public link that someone created and shared on one of my Slack channels, pasted it onto a card on a board that I'm a member of, then clicked it from my desktop app which I prefer to use vs the web version. 

This public board now appears in my Board list in my desktop app as a Public Board.

Air Elbow Bump,

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
TomUX

1 vote
Answer accepted

@TomUX If the board is starred in the web-client, it should appear in the other clients as well. Verified with the mobile client.

Thanks @alfredbuehler The link owner only uses the web and mobile clients.  But good to know.  

Air Elbow Bump,

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
TomUX

0 votes

Hello, could you please tell us what link do we copy to the public board ?

@burbigo deen 

Sorry, I can't seem to add any links here.  

Air Elbow Bump,

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
TomUX

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

846 views 14 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you