Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily To Do List

Betsy Knoche February 26, 2021

I have created a Daily To Do List Board and for the most part, the Calendar Rules are working well. But, there are a couple of quirks. I have a Daily Tasks List and a Weekly Tasks List. I have a calendar rule at 1:00 a.m. every day to copy the cards from my Daily Tasks list to To Do Today. That is working fine. I also have tasks that need to be done weekly on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. My rule says Every Friday (for instance) at 1:00 a.m. copy "Name of Card" to To Do Today. But the card moves to the Backlog list not the To Do Today List. I also have a rule for every day at 1:00 am, move all the cards in list "To Do Today" (that were not completed) to list "B A C K L O G". Is there a conflict with those rules of which I am unaware? Why are my weekly tasks copied to the Backlog List and not the To To Today List?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2021

Yeah, you probably have a conflict there.

You need to tell Butler to run the "To Do Today -> Backlog" rule before the "Copy 'name of card' -> To Do Today".

Otherwise Butler will just copy the card to "To Do Today", and then move it promptly in the Backlog.

Set up one rule to run at 1AM and the other to run a 2AM, that should fix it.

Betsy Knoche February 26, 2021

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events