Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create due date from a fixed quarterly date

Yves De Kimpe
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 10, 2020

I want to create quarterly boards for the quarterly financial closing (each end of the quarter).

For example the 1st quarter ends on 31/03/YY, the 2nd on 30/06/YY etc...

So the last day of each quarter (date N) is the starting point to derive the due dates for each task.

E.g. task 1 should end at N-5 (so 5 working days before the end of the quarter), task 2 should end at N+10 (10 working days after the end of the quarter).

Is there a way to derive these due dates from the N day (last day of each quarter).  Now we have to set these dates manually which makes it cumbersome.

2 answers

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2020

Hi @Yves De Kimpe ,

Can create 1 butler rule and apply it to all cards!

Or

You can read this article and see whether it works for you or not!

https://blog.trello.com/custom-due-date-reminders

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2020

Hi @Yves De Kimpe ,

Welcome to the community!

You can use butler in this case!

These variables:

{monthdaynumber}
{monthdaynumberlong}
{yeardaynumber}
{yeardaynumberlong}
{weekdaynumber}
{weekdayname}
{weekdayshort}
{monthnumber}
{monthnumberlong}
{monthname}
{monthshort}
{year}
{yearshort}
{dateshort}
{datelong}
{date}
{datenumber}
{isodate}

also accept a syntax in which days or months can be added to or subtracted from the date, e.g.:

{weekdayname-7d} is the weekday name seven days ago,

{isodate+2d} is the date in ISO format two days in the future.

{monthname+3m} is the name of the month three months ahead,

You can also add or subtract working days, e.g.:

{datelong+5wd} is the date in five working days.

Note that {datelong+1wd} is not the next working day, but the date after a working day has passed.

It's a subtle distinction that only matters if the date falls on a weekend: Saturday + 1 working day is Tuesday.

To obtain the next working day, use the following syntax: {datelong+0wd}. To obtain the previous working day, use the following syntax: {datelong-0wd}.

I hope it will help you out!

Yves De Kimpe
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 10, 2020

Hi

Thank you for your answer

Seems a bit complicated to me :-)

I don't see what is to be set and where. 

If I have a list with tasks within one card.  How can I have each task to have a due date automatically derived from my end of quarter date?  And do I need to set it for each board again, each quarter?

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events