Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy a board / kopiëren van een bord

Fernando January 10, 2019

Hey,

We would like to create one standard board, to which we add all customers. Then we can copy this board every year to a new year. We create a 'card' for every customer. We add a checklist, different labels and different members to this card.

Now we have copied a board for a new year. All cards have been included, all checklists have been added, all labels have been included. Only all members added on the standard board will not be taken to the new board. How is that possible? And how can I solve that?

Hallo,

Wij willen graag één standaard bord aanmaken, waarop wij alle klanten toevoegen. Dan kunnen wij dit bord ieder jaar kopiëren naar een nieuw jaar. Voor elke klanten maken wij een 'kaart' aan. Aan deze kaart voegen wij een checklist toe, verschillende labels en verschillende leden.

Nu hebben wij een bord gekopieerd voor een nieuw jaar. Alle kaarten zijn meegenomen, alle checklisten zijn toegevoegd, alle labels zijn meegenomen. Alleen worden alle leden die zijn toegevoegd op het standaard bord niet meegenomen naar het nieuwe bord. Hoe kan dat? En hoe kan ik dat oplossen?

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2019

@Fernando Members aren't automatically copied with a board, but you can do this using the API. Butler will allow you to do this, as will Trellinator which is more of a coding platform:

https://trello.com/integrations/#trellinator

As far as I know you can only use Butler for the next few months if you were already a customer before they were acquired, as the Trello team is currently working on integrating Butler into the core product.

Fernando January 13, 2019

@Iain Dooley I have added the Butler to my plate. But when I copy the board, the members do not join the cards. What am I doing wrong?

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2019

@Fernando hmm no they don't join cards, but they maintain board membership.

Based on my experience with Butler, you're getting to the point with this automation where Butler runs out of scope, and I'm not sure if you're able to do the following with the Power up rather than the Bot, but here's a way you can do a board template with pre-assigned people:

Your template board is set up with each card in a list named after the member to which it should be assigned. Then you have your ToDo, Doing, Done and a Commands list with any commands that are used on that board type.

You then have your Butler command to copy this board something like:

Copy board "template" to team "Work" with name "Client Name" and for each card in list "Commands" convert the card into a command

Now, in that Commands list, you have a card called something like ".Init" that has something like the following command in the description:

For each card not in list Commands add member @{multipliercardlistname}"and move it to list "ToDo" and archive list "{multipliercardlistname}"

This is a pretty convoluted way of achieving the result you need. The same thing could be done using Trellinator which would be a somewhat more robust and flexible solution because it's based on JavaScript code rather than Butler's commands which have their limits in terms of what you're able to automate:

https://trello.com/integrations/#/trellinator

With Trellinator, because you can have nested loops in JavaScript for example, could just check who was assigned in the template board and assign the same people in the copied board. It would look something like this:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/94d09fc83c459fab3c8dc894de258758

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 10, 2019

Als NL accountantskantoor zou ik toch eerst naar de AVG kijken voordat ik klanten aan Trello zou toevoegen.  En eventueel een jurist vragen.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events