Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Card to a another Board

Deleted user February 9, 2021

Hello Trello Users!

I would like to copy a card from one board to my own board. Currently I'm a "Guest" on this board that I'm trying to copy from. When I try to copy to my own board, I don't see the option to move the item. Does anyone know if I have to be a "Team Member" on the board to copy cards to a different Tello Board from the board that I'm only a Guest on?

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2021

I'm pretty sure you should be able to copy a card even as a guest.

Do you not see the copy button? Or when you select copy you don't see your private board?

I see the copy button, but I don't see the option to copy to my private board.

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2021

It could be that their settings prevent you from copying cards to other boards outside their team/workspace. 

Like Deleted user likes this

How can I view Board Settings?

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
February 9, 2021

Do you see any boards when you go to copy the card?

Deleted user February 11, 2021

No, I can only copy to the board the card already exists on or move the placement of the card.

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
February 11, 2021

I just was able to see what you see and it is because you are a Guest on the board and not a Team Member.

Like Deleted user likes this
Deleted user February 11, 2021

Thank you! That's exactly what I thought! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events