Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copied Cards through Butler no longer have Due Date option?

carrie_eandm
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2019

We use a Butler command to copy cards from a template board to our working projects board. Last week, things were working great! Today, I noticed that the new copied cards have a different icon in the upper left corner by the card title and there's no "Due Date" option listed on the right menu. 

Here's a card copied through our command last week:

DueDate.png

Here's a card copied through our command this week:

NoDueDate.png

I do see that the new icon in the upper left looks identical to the "Make Template" icon. We haven't assigned the card on our Template board as an actual Template card - so on the Butler copy, these cards should just be normal cards.

Any ideas why the "Due Date" field would go missing?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jireh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2019

Hi,

The "Due Date" button is missing because card templates hide them. It seems like Butler is mistakenly making copied cards templates. You can get the Due Date button by simply editing the description of the card, which should turn the card back into a regular card.

You can also refresh the page, that will turn the bugged card back into a regular card as well.

The team will try to look into this. Thank you for the question! And let us know if you still have issues.

Jireh

carrie_eandm
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2019

@Jireh Actually, I looked into this further. My co-worker can open the same card above and it appears normal for her. 

I noticed across my account that I appear to be on a "Card Templates (Beta)". I have the template icon appearing at the bottom of all of my lists now on any board. Is there a way I can be taken off from this beta testing? Moving forward, I'd also like to be informed that I am being included in a beta test and what I should expect or report to if things don't work correctly.

carrie_eandm
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2019

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 11.04.13 AM.png

carrie_eandm
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2019

As a note, refreshing my page did help with the current cards. However, I ran my command again and the new copied cards are not showing the due date option again. 

Jireh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2019

@carrie_eandm 

Hi Carrie,

I'm pleased to say that our team is working on a fix now, and hopefully it will be rolled out soon. In the mean time, you can perform workarounds like refreshing the page or editing the card to turn them from templates into normal cards.

We are testing new features at Trello all the time. We typically don't notify users when we are testing something new. But we always appreciate any kind of feedback, even if it's something like "I don't like this feature and it gets in my way".

You can report issues at our contact page: https://trello.com/contact

Or you can email support@trello.com.

Jireh

Like carrie_eandm likes this
0 votes
raincircle
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 11, 2020

Hi there, I am facing the same issue with the previous question. on creating template, i do not see tje 'due date' option, but i can still see the option on creating regular card. I was wondering if this issue has been solved or still on progress of amendment.

Jireh
Atlassian Team
June 11, 2020

Hi,

As of now, template cards do not have due dates by design.

Patricia Stanek
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 2, 2021

I understand that a template card would never have a an actual due date assigned. 

However, the cards we are creating from the template need that due date field.  We can't expect every team member to remember to add the due date field when they create a card.

Can this be fixed?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events