Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confidentiality of content

Kristyl Kepley May 18, 2023

I would like to use a single board and have cards assigned to a variety of users on that board. Is there a way to make it so that the content for each card is only visible to the individuals who are attached to that card as a member? Or is all the content of every card visible by ever board user? Is there any way to make it more confidential without having to create a separate board for every single user??

2 answers

0 votes
Çiğdem Büyükaşik
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 21, 2023

Hello @Kristyl Kepley,

Welcome to the community. The Trello Card Sharing Power-Up by Hipporello is built exactly for what you're asking.

You can share cards with one or more emails (they can be card members or non-Trello users). The cards are listed on a web portal page, which can viewed by those who sign up with their given emails. This means you can have one board for yourself and share the cards with multiple different people making sure they don't see each other's cards and your board. Those you share cards with can message you about the task through the portal and you can view/send messages right from the card. 

Give it a try and let me know if you have any questions. 

0 votes
Oliver S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2023

Hi Kristyl, welcome to community!

At present, the ability to restrict card visibility to particular users is not available in Trello. There is an open feature request for this, and I've gone ahead and added this ticket to the request. While there is no ETA, I'll pass your interest in this onto our team for consideration! :)

As a workaround, there is a third-party Power-up called 'External Share' that allows you to share out specific content with external users - https://trello.com/power-ups/search?q=card%20share. I realise this may not be fully helpful as you're likely hoping to do this with your current users - but may help as a starting point for restricting sharing.

Because many of these services are provided by separate companies, outside of Trello, any costs associated with their products are also separate. We're also not able to endorse or provide support for any third-party Power-ups (since we don't work with them directly).

Hope this helps! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events