Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checklist due date has disappeared

rob.sheldrick July 14, 2021

Hi, I have been adding checklist to my cards and for each item assigning a due date which I can still see on existing checklists. 

However when I try to add to an existing checklist or create a new one, it seems to have been replaced with emoji choices (wait, what?)

I really leverage this to create calendar views etc.

Can someone tell me why this has changed.

For background - have used Trello for a while on my iMac via the standard App. my understanding is that I am not required to move to a paid version of Apps for Apple to use functionality that was available in previous versions - just in case this is a wallet discussion

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andrea Crawford
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2021

Assigning due dates to checklist items is only available on boards within Business Class or Enterprise Workspaces, and can only be set by a Workspace member. Is is possible that your board is in a Workspace that had a Business Class free trial which has since expired? Trello doesn't remove dates that have been already set (which would explain why you can still see them on existing checklists). 

rob.sheldrick July 15, 2021

Hi Andrea,

That may be the answer. I used to have due dates I thought and had issues and had set up the board as Business Class to resolve not realising that I was signing up to a trial.

That said, I am using an App from Apple and I thought I had this ability on my Trello App but it disappeared when I need to move to Business Class. my understanding is that as part of the deal with Apple Apps are not supposed to lose functionality when they become either a paid App or in your case a tiered concept. Should I not still have this access as I used to with Apple App? 

Andrea Crawford
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2021

If you log in with a browser like Chrome and view the same board, are you able to add due dates? My guess is that you'll see a Business Class upsell that might not show on the Mac app, but the functionality will be the same. 

Sorry, not trying to be a pain.

I don't use Chrome, I use Apple Apps on my iMac, IPad and iPhone exclusively.

My point is that I understood that Apple ensured that Apple users did not have to pay money for functionality that existed when an App moved to a paid or tiered concept. It looks to me that some functionality has now been moved behind a paywall which Apple is meant to ensure does not happen with its Apps.

Again not trying to be difficult.

Rob

Andrea Crawford
Atlassian Team
July 15, 2021

I'm not familiar enough with Apple's policies to help - sorry! 

That's okay but who then can we escalate at Atlassian?

Andrea Crawford
Atlassian Team
July 15, 2021

I suggest reaching out to Trello support - they should be able to help you https://trello.com/contact - Good luck!

Sorry I forgot I was in community - many thanks you have answered provided clarity

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events