Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the board admin who no longer works at the company

Ewa Golik
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 26, 2024

I inherited two boards with admins who no longer work at my organization - I want to do some maintenance due to the upcoming Trello paid/unpaid settings, but only an admin can for example remove the no longer needed profiles from the board.

How can I make myself an admin of a board when the current admin does no longer work at the company I'm at?
I will greatly appreciate your help!

1 answer

0 votes
Beverley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2024

Hi Ewa - welcome to the community!

If you're referring to a Free Workspace and you're a Workspace member you can upgrade your team to Trello Premium, which adds several features to make managing teams a bit easier, including the ability for Workspace administrators to take control of all boards in the Workspace. You can sign up for Premium here if that's the case: https://trello.com/premium

If the user's associated email address is a company email address, you could reach out to your internal IT team to gain access to their email account. Then you can trigger a password reset at https://id.atlassian.com/login/resetpassword then log into their Trello account. From there, you can assign yourself as admin over the boards in question. After that, you should be able to log in as yourself and remove the user from the boards (and maybe make a couple of team members admin over those boards to avoid this situation in the future).

For more details about the above recommendations and other alternatives, please go to Changing the admins of a workspace or board

I hope that helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events