Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing @name

Hillgrove April 25, 2024

On Trello (might be a global Atlassian name, but haven't seen it elsewhere) when I hover over my Profile Picture I see the following

MyUsername
@firstlastname1

How do I change the @-name? I doubt I've entered this anywhere as I'm careful not to mix my real name with my username as I've had big issues with doxxing before.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2024

Welcome to the community @Hillgrove !

Have you tried clicking on your profile picture and selecting the Manage your account option? When you click on this, within the Profile and visibility option, under the About section, you should see username input field. Once you make the changes, you need to click on Save in order to apply them.

Hope this helps.

Hillgrove April 25, 2024

I've tried just about every option I could find.. both in Trello's and Atlassians user/profile settings.

I've been in the section you mention before, but there are no Username fields. Only Full Name and Public Name (both of these are set to my user/account name Hillgrove).

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2024

Can you post a screenshot of these fields and blur out the confidential details so I can see on which screen you are looking?

Hillgrove April 25, 2024

About.png is the page I think you're referring me to
Hover.png is where my realname shows up

also my URL for my trello settings is:

https://trello.com/u/<realname>/account

About.pngHover.png

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2024

I see, the screen that you are showing is the screenshot from your Atlassian account, which is not what we want. You would need to go to your Trello, then on the right upper corner you will see your profile avatar. When you click on it, you would need to go to Profile and visibility option.

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 15.15.57.png

Hillgrove April 25, 2024

Odd.. when I click Manage Account - as per your instructions - on Trello, it opens the Atlassian account management (the one I showed the image of).

When I use Trello's profile settings this is what I have access to:
2024-04-25 15 19 31.png

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2024

You can change that from the Username field to be something else of course.

Hillgrove April 25, 2024

Not sure I understand? That changing my email, will remove the real name?

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2024

As your username, you can put anything you want. When the username is changed, it will be changed in your URL as well.

https://trello.com/u/<realname>/account

This will be updated, once you change the your username, you will update it on  Trello.

Hillgrove April 25, 2024

I found the issue (with your guidance).

My password app (Lastpass) overwrites that field with my email adress, so I never saw it said realname.

Should be fixed now. Was driving me insane!

Thanks.

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2024

Yeah, I can understand how frustrating it was, plus that even cause you more problems. Ah I see, it was that app. 

Glad I helped, stay safe.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events