Change permission of Users

Galih Bastomi March 4, 2019

Hi,

So I'm currently working with Trello API on users removal. Is that any possibility to change permission of others if me or user who generate the API token is just a member of the team ? The condition here I'm having users who's being admin before but he's no longer being part of the team so I want to remove that users and assign new admin. But I've found that If you're the one who generate a token for the API and just as normal member on the team you just add/remove/update users who's also as a normal member, you can't do anything with persons who's having Admin role.

Thanks for your help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2019

@Galih Bastomi yes that's correct if you want to remove someone who is an admin you have to also be an admin

Galih Bastomi March 6, 2019

so there's no way to do except that even with API ? Okay cool . Thanks Iain!

Like Lisa Prah likes this
Galih Bastomi March 7, 2019

What if there's someone is an admin for member, but not the board. Any possibilities to remove the admin board if we're just admin for members ? 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2019

@Galih Bastomi being a team administrator is a separate role from being the administrator of a board. You can remove someone from a team, and (I think) you can remove a board from your team, but you can't remove someone as the administrator of a board just by being the admin of a team that board is in.

Galih Bastomi March 7, 2019

Okay got it. Thanks again Iain!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events