Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card tile to match board

Deborah Brown April 17, 2024

I am creating individual client boards, mirroring onto the master board for overall task view.  Is there a way to have the Card name autogenerate to add the match client board name to help keep track? 

2 answers

0 votes
Caity
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2024

@Deborah Brown This is currently only supported through Power-Ups, but we're tracking interest in it here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TRELLO-110

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2024

@Deborah Brown welcome to the community :) how are you mirroring the cards currently? Are you using butler automation, a power-up like Unito, or something else? The answer will depend on what method you're using :)

Deborah Brown April 17, 2024

Thank you for responding, I am currently trying the power-up placker, but have tried Unito.  I was trying to do an automation trigger, but couldn't get it to do what I wanted

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2024

I'm not sure if it's possible with Placker. With Unito you can map the board name into a custom field or the description. You can also auto-label incoming cards in the master with the board name. 

As an alternative, you could create a butler rule that automatically pre-fixes the card's name with the board name. This would apply on the "origin board". Something like: "when a card is added to the board, rename the card to "[{boardname] - {cardname}". You could use a project ID if the board name is too long (e.g. the board name is "Project 1", the ID could simply be "P1"). 

As for butler as a solution for mirroring cards, it won't give you a true sync, but you can set it up to auto-copy cards across boards and then automatically update the copy when certain things happen (e.g. date changes, label updates, etc.).  You can bring over the board name using the {boardname} variable and pre-fix this to the card name. 

If you want to use Unito or butler, I'd be happy to help further if you need :) 

Deborah Brown April 29, 2024

Thank you for your help.  Could you help me set up Butler to do that? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events