Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card Cover Images On/Off per User, not for All Users

Jason Bass February 9, 2018

My trello team consists of me (the guy who does the projects) and the salespeople who sell the projects. The salespeople want the card cover images on. I want them off.

For whatever reason, I find Trello hard to look at with all the images on and, more importantly, the cover images push a lot of cards in MY column "below the fold" (they go offscreen). And, unfortunately, I simply overlook or forget about projects that go offscreen. I've done it several times. 

In my opinion, this feature should vary BY USER. In other words, if I turn images off, that should affect only MY view, not all users of that board. In fact, I was surprised that it was not like that already. (I turned the images off thinking it would affect only MY view, and suddenly I have a salesperson in my "office" asking why I turned them off).

I am thinking about asking for this as a feature. Anyone else think this is a good idea?

1 answer

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2018

Hi Jason,

Thanks for sharing that idea!

One of the main ideas that Trello works with is the idea of a shared perspective, so knowing that everyone who looks at the board is seeing it in the same way. For this reason, we're not likely to create a setting that could enable card covers for only some board members, but I can definitely see how that would be useful for you. I'll pass this on to our team for their consideration as we iterate on the Trello platform!

Jason Bass February 13, 2018

I understand. Thank you for the consideration in either case. I definitely appreciate the response. :)

David Ells April 17, 2018

On this topic of keeping more "above the fold" is it possible to scale down the size of the covers? The size currently is quite large. I'd love for a small and medium option as well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events