Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get dropdown list custom field to display in automated email

David McCloskey September 1, 2021

I am using Butler to send an email notification when a card is moved into a list, but the custom fields I have set up are not displaying in the email.  I am using {{%customfieldname}}.  Should I be using a different syntax?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2021

@David McCloskey 

No issue :

when a card is moved into list "Doing", send an email notification to "xxxx@gmail.com" with subject "Test" and message "here's the value of the DL CF : {{%Dropdown List}}"

David McCloskey September 1, 2021

{{%Dropdown List name}} is the syntax I'm using, but when the email is received, the text from the selected item of the drop down list is not displayed.

Any thoughts on why that might be?

Thanks

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2021

@David McCloskey 

The name of my CF is `Dropdown List` for the variable is as shown on the command above. 

David McCloskey September 2, 2021

Thanks for the feedback, but when I have an item selected in my CF Dropdown List, the value is blank when the email is received.

Sales Order: {{%Sales Order #}} was entered by {{%ORDER ENTRY PERSON}}\n\n\n."

turns into

Sales Order: 10102167 was entered by

The {{%ORDER ENTRY PERSON}} is left blank.  Are spaces allowed in CF names?

Thanks for the help!

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 2, 2021

@David McCloskey 

I can confirm that there is not issue with 2 CF output like yours.

Double check to make sure you have the spelling correct - this is a common mistake. 

And spaces are allowed just like my variable {{%Dropdown List}}

David McCloskey September 2, 2021

Ugh, I'm embarrassed to say this.  It was spelled correct, BUT is CASE SENSITIVE!

Thanks. It works now!

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 2, 2021

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events