Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you reverse engineer due dates for tasks back from a delivery due date

Abbey Kay
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 11, 2018

I'm looking to create an 'onboarding' board template, where tasks need to be completed x number of days before the final due date.

Is there any way to set a due date on a card automatically as (eg) minus 90 days of the target completion date? I'd like to create the template where I can just put in the completion date, and all the stage tasks will automatically set their due date based on that completion date.

Or do you just have to manually calculate all your (many) task due dates when rolling out a template?

Thank you for any help.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2018

Hi Abbey,

I'm afraid not, as due dates can't be set relatively, only with a static date in the future, currently. That said, I can definitely see how that would be useful, and I'll make sure the team knows that's something you'd like to see!

Abbey Kay
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 13, 2018

Thank you for your answer, Michael - for setting up and using templates on projects where we're doing repeat sets of fixed timeline tasks, this would save a huge amount of manual scheduling for each deployment. It would be a great PM feature. Look forward to seeing it in the future. A.

0 votes
Didi Stoltenborg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 21, 2024

Hey Mike, any news on the developments? Is it possible to do so now? I have the exact same question as Abbey so looking forward to finding an answer. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events