Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you limit custom fields to one board?

Daniel M_ August 30, 2023

Hi all, my team is subscribed to Trello Premium, and we made some nice custom fields for one of our boards. However, these fields are transferred automatically to all cards, even in boards from different teams in our account. Is there a way to limit custom fields just for my team's board? We have done this for checklists, and they don't get transferred automatically across boards, but we haven't found a way to do so for custom fields. 

Thank you 

1 answer

1 vote
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2023

Custom fields are only copied across to other boards if they have content in them.  Using an automation to clear all custom fields before copying the card will do the trick.

Daniel M_ August 30, 2023

@Dreamsuite Mike thanks for that. So in our case, we move certain cards back and forth between board, and those do not need the custom fields. But what is happening now is because some of the cards in our board has custom fields, it carries to all cards, and then to other boards. 

Will the automation be restricted to one type of card or is there a way to just apply in one board to clear all?

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2023

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- This is a Trello thing, not Jira and the custom fields are limited to a board, however if the custom fields are populated when a card is moved from one board to the next, they will also be added to the new board.

@Daniel M_ You could use an automation to do this.  I have set up an automation that sequences clearing of custom fields before moving to the second board. Please see the example automation below:

Screenshot 2023-09-01 164554.png

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events