Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Remove a Guest from our Workspace

cpapas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 22, 2024

We had an employee who created a couple of boards on our workspace (thus the admin of those boards).  We left all the boards he created, but he still shows up as a member of one board.  No one else is on that one board from our team, but we can't get rid of this guest - and of course it is counting towards our "TEN collaborators".

Our efforts to contact this employee have not worked, so we can't have the board deleted.  

I get that Atlassian is trying to push people to the Premium version, but this software is too buggy when it comes to taking control of a board and members.  There should be an Admin of the workspace who can simply remove boards.  However, since that's not the case, does anyone know a trick on how to remove a Guest who is an admin of a board that no one is using?

1 answer

0 votes
Gaurav Kataria
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2024

The admin privileges are limited on the free version of Trello. If you upgrade to the paid plan, then you will get full admin privileges to remove previous users and their boards.

You could also start a Premium free trial (no credit card required) and perform this action. And if you don't like the Premium plan, then you can downgrade back to free again. Here are the details on user management with the Premium plan https://trello.com/guide/permissions-controls#user-management-trello-premium

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events