Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can multiple Trello boards be merged into one dashboard?

Lauren Piro March 5, 2018

We currently have multiple boards for content and event planning. Is there a way to merge or overlay separate boards in a way that would allow us to see everything from a particular date or month in one dashboard?

6 answers

4 votes
Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2018

The best way to see all cards that have been assigned to you is by visiting the 'My Cards' page at https://trello.com/your/cards. Are you familiar with that page? On that page you can sort all the cards either by board or by due date.

Additionally, there are a few third-party Power-Ups that can help you keep cards from different boards in sync. You can read more about those here:

Cardsync
Unito
Board Sync by Unito

I hope that helps.

QUIIP April 10, 2018

Thanks Torben. The My Cards page is close to what we're looking for, however it only seems to show cards that I have created from my own account. Is there a way to make it display cards from all team members?

I've also attempted to set up Cardsync, however the documentation for it is pretty awful. I've been able to enable to power-up on each board, created a bot account to manage the sync, however when I try to sync a card from one board to another, I find I need to create a new syncing group and I cannot find any documentation on what that means or how to do it 

Like Martin Stehr likes this
QUIIP April 10, 2018

Additionally, this reply seems to have come from the new Card Sync bot account I set up, so oops! To confirm, I am the OP. 

Lauren Piro May 23, 2018

@Torben_trello I am still looking for a solution that works for this issue. Are you able to provide any further information?

Martin Stehr May 5, 2020

Did anyone solve this? I have exact the same problem here

Like Duccio Lazzeretti likes this
2 votes
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2019

I would try to build a dashboard with Butler for Trello, and sync cards that are due within a certain timespan. 

Just an idea, but you could set up a command like "when a card due between 1 and 30 days is added to the board [or added to list X]" (that's the trigger condition), have this card copied over into the dashboard, link the two cards and setup a syncing process between them.

1 vote
Sami Linnanvuo {Screenful}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 17, 2018

If a 3rd party Power-Up is an option, the Screenful Power-Up can create a visual dashboard that aggregates data from multiple boards and allows you to see events & metrics per day, week, month, or quarter among many other things. 

Lauren Piro May 23, 2018

Thank you. We can enable power-ups but looking at Screenful, it's isn't quite what we're after. Ideally, we want the MyCards option but for all cards created by the team, not just those under my login. 

Like # people like this
0 votes
Martin Stehr May 5, 2020

We tried Placker as an alternative, since not only the task name, but also the board name are relevant to display on this consolidated view.

0 votes
Qasim August 13, 2019

Hi @Lauren Piro

Another option is using Unito to create a Master Board, so you can view multiple tasks from different boards in one, overarching view. We've created a resource to help you get this done! 

How to Create a Master Board in Trello (Webinar/Tutorial): 

http://bit.ly/2OB4oIa

I hope you find this link useful. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here, or to our team on our website!

Best,

Unito 

0 votes
Nicole Gallant May 4, 2019

Hi,

If paying for a feature is an option: there is a third-party power-up freemium called "Planyway" calendar which offers a paying feature allowing you to display cards from multiple board according to due dates, all on the same calendar view (they also have a start date feature, so you can have a single card showing up on stretches of more than one day).

But they seem to charge a fee for each additional user who happens to be on more than one of these boards, so that might make prices soar for you if you team is large (I wouldn't know; I use it individually for my own boards & personal planning).

From there, you could explore additional features such as lanes which divide the timeline according to users that the cards have been assigned to.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events