Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can butler be used for multiplication/division

Raegan Fordemwalt March 6, 2022

Hey,

My team want's to use Butler to find "averages" of our data, which is basically dividing one custom field by another. Is this possible with Butler or with Trello automated?

Thanks so much!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2022

Hi @Raegan Fordemwalt ! Yes, you can create calculations of custom field data using Butler automation, but only with numerical custom fields. There's a bit more information under "Custom field arithmetic" here

Raegan Fordemwalt March 16, 2022

You can multiply and divide with the numeric custom fields? How would I do this?

Raegan Fordemwalt March 16, 2022

Never mind-I've found out how to do it! Thank you!

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2022

@Raegan Fordemwalt there's a bit of information in the article I linked above - here's what it says:

When setting the "Number" custom field, you can perform basic arithmetic operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. You can also use numeric constants and parentheses to group arithmetic expressions.

Example:

when a card is moved to "This Week", set custom field "Total Points" to "{{%Design Points}} + {{%Dev Points}} + {{%QA Points}}"

You can add, subtract, multiply, and divide different fields together, and also add numbers into your calculations - for example, if you're wanting to do a percentage calculation, a command could look something like this:

when custom field "Field X" is set, set custom field "Percentage %" to "({{%Field X}} / {{%Field Y}}) * 100"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events