cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Trello stack rules?

Matt Butler
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 10, 2024

Hi,

I have created two rules as per the screenshot.

Screenshot 2024-05-10 172408.png

I was hoping that the first rule would apply to everything (completed cards moved to bottom of list) and then anything on the 'Today' list would get moved to 'Completed tasks'.

However I can't get the second rule to activate at all. The completed cards on the 'Today' list just sit at the bottom of that list.

Is it possible to achieve this?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mutya A
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2024

Hi Matt, welcome to the Trello Community!

Thanks for sharing the whole picture. To answer your questions, Trello can stack or "chain" rules. I can see why the second rule isn't triggered at all by the first rule. 

Looking at the first rule that says:

add the green label

Compared to the second rule that says:

when the green "Completed' label

Those two aren't the same. The first is an unnamed green label, and the second is a green label named "Completed." You can check your labels and see two versions of your green label like this: 

2024-05-13_13-43-12.png

You can fix your first rule by adding the green "Completed" label; the second rule should work afterward.  

I hope this helps, but let us know if you have any questions!
----------------
If this post helps with your query, please consider the Accept answer or Like button to help the other users find it more quickly.

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2024

Great spot @Mutya A 😃

Like Mutya A likes this
Matt Butler
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 20, 2024

Thanks, that's really helpful

Like Mutya A likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events