Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Trello grant specific checklist permissions as described?

Andrey Desayli
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 19, 2024

I have a team consisting of various roles, and I want to provide limited control to some team members to prevent the deletion of checklists. However, I still want them to be able to contribute by marking items as complete and adding information to the checklist.

I have explored the role-setting options in Trello, but it seems that there is no direct way to set permissions as specific as this. Are there any other options that I might be overlooking, or are there integrations or plugins that can provide this functionality?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alisson Sartor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2024

Hello, Andrey!

Since Trello is all about teamwork we don't have a way to stop someone from making changes to a board right now. The whole idea is to let everyone chip in, so we didn't add any restrictions on what someone can or can't do once they've been invited to a board. I can understand the idea of what you are saying, and I can definitely suggest this internally as a possibility for the future since this could be something that other users might want.

The closest thing we have currently on Trello Premium is the Observer Role that gives some sort of control.

Observers are board members who are able to view a board and the cards within the board, download card attachments, comment and vote on cards (if that is enabled for the board), and export the board. 

Observers are not able to move or edit cards, upload card attachments, tick the box on a checklist item, and observers can't change board settings.

But still, he wouldn't be able to mark it as complete, as you mentioned in your submission.

You can check more details on the page below about it.

https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/adding-observers-to-boards/

Let me know if that brings any questions

Kind Regards
Alisson
Trello Support

Andrey Desayli
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 23, 2024

Thanks for the explanation, Alisson!

Like Alisson Sartor likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events