Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I include attachments to cards on Trello from Slack?

Jorge Tena
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 17, 2018

Same as question above.  I want to include attachments on the commands I make on Slack so that they are included in the cards in Trello.  Can this be done?

1 answer

0 votes
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2018

Hi Jorge,

Welcome to the community! 

Do you have specific Trello boards related to Slack chat channels? It sounds like you may have an existing integration that creates Trello cards based on Slack activity, it would be beneficial if you could share the process that's already in place. 

Jorge Tena
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 18, 2018

Hi Meg, 

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I have Trello integrated to Slack.  I downloaded the Trello for Slack app (https://trello.com/platforms/slack).  Then, in one of my Slack channels I input the "trello/ link" command, then "/trello add [Trello Card]" to add a new Trello card.  When I do that last step I am given the options of a number of "Quick Actions," including, setting a due date, adding a label, etc. 

The basis for my question above is that I wish that during this last step I could attach documents (e.g. pdf's) to the Trello card I just created from my commands on Slack.

Thank you in advance for any advice you may have.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events