It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can Butler add a specified checklist when a card is moved to another list?

I am helping a 1-person photography business keep track of her Job workflow tasks. She is an extraordinary photographer, but not as good on the details side. I created lists starting with “Potential Client/Job” to “Schedule Photography session,” etc. and for each list I have a checklist of items needed to be completed. I created a template for the initial card with the first checklist, but we’ve been having to add the new checklist manually each time we move the card to a new list. I considered adding all the checklists with the template, but that makes it hard to get to the bottom to add comments.  Ideally, I would add checklist 1 to card in list 1; add checklist 2 to card when it is moved to list 2, etc. I don’t currently have the gold version of Trello and before I move to that, I would like to know if this can be accomplished.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi 

You can test this rule with a free account

when a card is added to list "{*}", add the "{wildcard1}" checklist from card "{wildcard1}" to the card

Just create for each list a template card which

listname=cardname=checklistname

https://help.trello.com/article/1156-pattern-matching-and-wildcards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,499 views 12 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you