Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar Power-Up Stopped working

Jamiebort
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 7, 2022

The issue:

I have been using four boards successfully with the Calendar Power-Up for years.

A week ago one of the boards stopped syncing with Google Calendar.

The image below is of the menu from my Google Calendar. Here I can toggle on/off the display of imported calendars such as my Chores Trello board. You'll notice the second imported calendar doesn't display the name of that Trello board. That's the problematic one.

Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 10.01.07.png

Steps I've taken to troubleshoot:

In Google Calendar I have unsubscribed from each of the Trello boards and re-added their .ics URL.

In Trello I have disabled and re-enabled the Calendar Power-Up for the problematic Trello board. As well as re-generated the .ics URL.

I have cleared my cache in Google Chrome.

I have the most up-to-date version of Google Chrome.

The problem persists with only that one board. The three others are syncing just fine.

The question:

Any idea why this is happening to only one of my boards? Or how to address it?

Any and all advice welcome. Thank you very much in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2022

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for reaching out!

This is likely related to the number of cards that you have. A board with more than 1,000 open cards can indeed cause performance issues, which would also apply to Google Calendar as it would need to fetch cards in the background and check their due dates.

The best solution I would offer is to break up the lists into individual boards or archive cards you no longer need. That will allow the individual boards to perform much much better. Also, archived cards are still available in the archived items as well as search results.

More information about that is available here: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/troubleshooting-a-slow-board/

All the best,

Lara
The Trello Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events