Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button board for emailing this week's list

MW February 28, 2022

I am trying, unsuccessfully, to set up a board button that creates a report and then emails that report to me.

I want the report to contain whatever is in a particular list at that particular moment. In other words, I don't want it to just automatically send me the report at a certain time; I want the trigger to be a board button.

AND, I want the email to contain a simple bullet-pointed list of card names.

I have tried every combination I can imagine for the variable, line pattern, and email message, but something is not working each time I try.

At first, I got the email with all of the card names and card links bunched together with no line breaks. Then, when I went in to change the line pattern, nothing would work.

Can someone tell me exactly what to put in variable, line pattern, and the email message field to make this happen?

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2022

Hi @MW ! Here's an example of a command that would generate a bulleted list:

create a report with all cards in list "Doing" using pattern "- [{cardname}]({cardlink})", and send an email notification to "hannah@simplaworkflows.com" with subject "Trello Report" and message "{$report}"

Trello uses markdown formatting, so "-" will generate a bullet point. 

What does your command look like?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events