Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler: Trigger based on last comment age?

Stefan Neubig
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 4, 2020

Hello Trello community, 

we'd like to setup an action in Trello that is triggered when for example the last comment in a card is older than a week.

We couldn't find a way to do this with Butler directly. Is there any other way we could achieve this? 

Thank you

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2020

@Stefan Neubig this Trellinator function will add an "Inactive" label to any card with the most recent comment made more than 7 days ago:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/4e5fa1a06dc089e1d6534fe053594515

It then reschedules itself to run again in 7 days' time. You can read more about Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Note that the instructions for running a time triggered command aren't listed in that article above but if you get that far let me know and I can help you out with it :)

0 votes
Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2020

Use the Aged powerup, which is also available as a browser extension for chrome ... it will show you cards that have not had love for the last week, two weeks, four weeks by shading them out in varying degrees of fade.

To get a email or something just because a card has been abandoned a week, will leave you an email box to try and weed out, defeats the object of using kanban.  Save the email alert need to when a card is 48 hrs from deadline, then that email means something ... otherwise you are at risk of living in email snooze world ... and will miss the important alerts.

Try and adapt to a new workflow, which will reduce the reliance on email ... dont use Trello in addition to the normal flow, try and use it instead of ... then you will get maximum benifit ... to not, your just doubling up on the work and making life hard.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events