Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler Rules - don't work if lists are renamed

Andreas Mayr November 10, 2022

Hi there!

Am I doing something wrong or does Trello behave differently at what I expected?

Short explained:

I have some Card Buttons defined and also some Butler rules.

Card Button Example:"Move the card to the top of list "Done""

Now, if I rename the List "Done" to "Done ✅" or "Done2" etc. Trello automatically creates a new list with the name "Done" and moves the card there.

Is this a normal behavior? I thougt Trello stores the Lists with a unique ID in the background or something.

So what should I do in order to keep all my rules functioning and still be able to rename the lists?

Thank you for your help!

Andreas

1 answer

0 votes
XLR8 Work
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2022

I just tested it and see the same behaviour as you. Looks like it's not dynamic.

I found this post which shows how to see your board in JSON (I guess you could just export it to do that too) but from what I can see lists DO have a unique ID in the backend but it looks like butler may not be configured to actually use it.

I tested again using the list ID instead of the list name and it just created a new list named the same as the old lists ID, so,  it didnt work.

Andreas Mayr November 11, 2022

Hey @XLR8 Work!
Thank you a lot for testing and reaching out!

Now I remember from where I had the idea 'bout the unique ID. Your idea was quite good, it's a pitty that it didn't work as we'd like.

Maybe I'll find another solution, or Trello will provide an alike functionality.

Thanks again!

Andreas

Like XLR8 Work likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events