Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler Rule Not Working

Kathryn Hanna June 30, 2020

I set up a rule that says When a due date in this week is set on a card - move to the top of the list "Tasks for this week" but I'm getting nothing.  I've deleted and recreated the card, made sure it was enabled, logged out and back in, but it's just not working.  There must be something wrong with my rule.  I was following a guide from someone else but I'm just not having luck.

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2020

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble.  Could you paste a screenshot of your rule so we can help you figure out why it isn't working as expected?

Kathryn Hanna June 30, 2020

Annotation 2020-06-30 152320.jpg

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2020

I think you want a rule like 

"7 days before a card in list "Future Tasks" is due, move the card to the top of list "Tasks for This Week"

Which is slightly different than what you have above.  The one you have above just fires when you set the due date on the card. 

ALSO, note that these rules will not trigger if the cards are ALREADY due this week (it would only affect future due dates that move into this week).

Kathryn Hanna July 6, 2020

I tried that as well and then created a card with a due date of this tuesday, but nothing happened.Annotation 2020-07-06 073250.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events