Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler Reports

Beth Maxwell July 17, 2020

I wrote the following report 

every weekday at 8:00 am, create a report in variable "Completed_Today" with all cards in list "Completed Today" using pattern "- {cardname} \n", and send an email notification to "test@email.com" with subject "Completed Today" and message "## Completed {date} \n\n"

There are cards in the list but the reports is empty.  Any ideas on what I am missing.Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 8.24.22 AM.jpg

1 answer

1 vote
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2020

Does the "using pattern" part of the rule filter out for cards that match that pattern?  If you remove that, do you get a report of all the cards in the list?

Beth Maxwell July 17, 2020

I figured out what I did wrong after I posted this question.  I fixed it by doing this...

every weekday at 7:00 pm, create a report in variable "Completed_Today" with all cards in list "Completed Today" using pattern "- {cardname} \n", and send an email notification to "test@test.com" with subject "Completed: {date}" and message "{$Completed_Today}"

The email works and I get a formatted list with bullets. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 10.25.52 AM.jpg

Another related emailed reports question:

If I change the email address to a card email address the formatting is horrible. Any idea why that happens.

Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 10.25.23 AM.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events