Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler: How to create a rule that adds a checklist on a certain date?

Kate Lacey
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 10, 2019

I would like to create a rule in Butler, where on the 22nd of every month, a specific checklist is added to every card on a board with a specific label. 

For some reason, I cannot see a way to do this, although it seems like it would be possible.

Any tips??

1 answer

0 votes
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2019

@Kate Lacey 

Hi Kate,

Commands that are calendar-specific can only be set up with the Calendar command type in Butler. Therefore, a Rule won't help you here.

I checked the actions available for the Calendar command type, and unfortunately there aren't any actions available that would let you add checklists.

Theoretically, you could use a Calendar command as a trigger for the 22nd, but there isn't an action available in Rules that would let you add a checklist to any given card on a board. So that's the 2nd stumbling block in this use case.

I think you would have to rethink this workflow to get it workable.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events