Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Class Billing

lcox
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 20, 2021

Sorry if this has been asked and answered by totally confused and just need a quick answer and didn't see a chat or phone option anywhere:

I don't understand the billing for a business class. One license for the company is a total of $119.99 for a year and then each person who uses it (members OR guests), including the license account is an additional $10 per month? Is this true?

Trying to understand how a billing of $239.99 was determined for a trial business account.  I started 30 days ago, and the trial is up tomorrow. I think my company wants to do it. We have 1 license, 2 workspace members---??? and the first billing is $239.99? Huh?

LC

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
lcox
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 23, 2021

Great, this helps. Now, can you please let me know why we might need more than one workspace license? I think I am confused about the difference between the workspace license, the workspace members, and the guests.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrea Crawford
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2021

Business class licenses are per-member, not a company or workspace license. Two workspace members billed annually at $119.99 each would be $239.99 ($119.99 X 2). If you pay monthly instead of annually, it would be $12.50/month for each member. 

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2021

@Andrea Crawford if you pay monthly, it’s 12.50 per user per month. 

Like # people like this
Andrea Crawford
Atlassian Team
July 21, 2021

My mistake, thanks for the correction. 

Deleted user July 25, 2021

Hi

How do we add someone as a guest to one board so we are not charged for that person?

Thank you

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
July 25, 2021
Like lcox likes this
0 votes
Jordi July 31, 2021

I only see one member, me.  Yet it looks like I am being billed for three people.

I have many guests on boards...  if the same person is a guest on more than one board, do they get added as a paying "member"?

i don't recall being prompted to ask to charge me for those multi board people!?!trello billing class.jpg

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
July 31, 2021

Yes if a user is on more than one board they will be a billable guest. https://help.trello.com/article/1123-multi-board-guests

Unless you found a bug somewhere there is most definitely a prompt when you go to add the person to the second board that tells you they will be billed. 

Jordi July 31, 2021

I don't t recall seeing it.  I removed every multiboard user.  Hopefully that will bring it down. 

This is a terrible pricing model for me and my work. Which is mostly volunteers in community organizing. 

I can't justify that...  Now I will be looking at alternatives. 

Like challengetree likes this
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
July 31, 2021

You have a lot of other options if you don’t want to pay but the idea is if you are collaborating with someone who is getting paid features then at some point you need to pay for them. 

- make another free workspace and collaborate there

- use the external share powerup from https://powerups.club 

- use benkoboard

- make your board public and collaborate with them that way 

- and more. 

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
July 31, 2021

Also if you are a non profit make sure you are getting the non profit discount. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events