Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bell Notification on iOS and Android App doesn't exist for trello

Mike Griggs October 30, 2018

In the desktop and web-apps, if there is a new comment or something you haven't seen a little red bell shows up on that particular card.  But on Android and iOS this is not the case.  It's really hard to tell what you need to be looking at when you see a blue dot on a board.  You can find it through the notification center, which isn't that great of an experience especially when you are already looking at that board.  Is there a setting to turn this on on the mobile applications?  Thanks. 

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2018

@Mike Griggs there's no setting for this. You could use the API to add a label to any card mentioned in a comment, but then you'd have to remove the label to mark it as read.

I have always found Trello notifications to be troublesome, so I created Benko Board which does a couple of things to fix them:

1) When you're added to a card it unsubscribes you from the card

2) When you're mentioned in a card, a card is created in your Benko Board linked back to where it came from (like a "moveable" notification); you can configure notifications to go into different lists on your Benko Board on a per source board basis

3) When you're added to a card you get a copy of that card in your Benko Board, linked back to the original

I always thought the Trello Cards view should really just itself be a Trello board so that was basically the inspiration for the product. It also lets you use Trello as a Gmail client. You can see a video about it here:

http://www.benkoboard.com/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events