Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation to move a card when list is empty

punkopotamus
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 24, 2024

Is there an automation available for when a list is empty to move the first card in another list to the empty list?

For example: I have a "Today" list, a "Doing" list, and a "Done" list. When I move a card from "Doing" to "Done" and "Doing" is now empty, I'd like the card next up (in the first position) of "Today" to automatically move to "Doing".

1 answer

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2024

There is a ”when the list ”List Name" has less than/more than/exactly x cards" trigger. It is in the 1st trigger tab...

punkopotamus
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 24, 2024

Thanks!  I did find that but I couldn't figure out the step 2 action of moving the top card from a list into that now empty list.  In board buttons, there is an option to move a randomly selected card from one list to another but I was hoping for the specific top position (and not a board button).  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events