Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation: moving cards from one list to another at specific time intervals

Gabriel Birgaoanu June 25, 2021

Hello, I have set up an automation that a card is created and added to a list based on a specific trigger.

I want now that card to move automatically between lists on the same board at specific time intervals. 

Can you let me know if this is possible please?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Shaun Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2021

If i understand correctly - you want a card to move from one column to another at a set time and/or interval... If thats true then the easiest path would be to use an automation to change the status (since status controls which column a card goes into).

If you mean list like row, then i'd need to know how you are populating the swimlanes.

Hope that helps. Give me a little more info and i could offer more.

Cheers.

Thank you Shawn! 

Every time a client contacts me, a card gets generated and added to a list.

10 minutes after that card gets added, I want it to move to a new list. This move triggers an automated email. 

2 days after that same card is moved, I want it to move again to a new list that triggers a follow up email. and so on.

The email follow ups I have them set up via Zapier and Mailchimp.

But I can't get this automated flow to work.

Thanks for your help Shaun.

Andrei

Shaun Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2021

Is the intent of moving it just to send the email, or do you need both a list change and the email?

both the list change and the email so I can keep track of a work flow.

Shaun Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2021

So, sorry if this seems obvious but i have to check... have you tried using a trigger based on the "in X mins" option (see below)?

Maybe send me a pic of your automation as is?

ch6-create rule

Like Gabriel Birgaoanu likes this

under which section is this I can't find this feature - this is just what I need

Screenshot 2021-06-25 at 17.57.00.png

Any idea why I can't see this feature on my end? Thanks and please let me know.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events