Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Triggers- What happens if changing list name?

Douglas Cook June 5, 2020

I have some automation rules set up to trigger when a card is moved into a particular list, the list in question is a to do list but it gets regularly renamed when we enter new sprints.
It seems that when I rename the list, it no longer triggers the rule, as the rule is looking for the specific list name, as opposed to monitoring that particular list.

Is there any way of creating the rule in such a way that it will continue to run even when I rename the list?

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2020

@Douglas Cook you can trigger a rule when a card is moved to a list "starting with" a particular word/string, so you just have to name your list like "ToDo - THISCHANGES".

Douglas Cook June 8, 2020

Thanks Iain, though this doesn't seem to work.
In this case I have a list names.

"To Do- Sprint 1-13 June"
So in the trigger I'm renaming for it to trigger on adding a card to the list named.

" To Do- THISCHANGES"

However nothing happens....

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2020

@Douglas Cook the text THISCHANGES in my example was supposed to represent the part of the list name that changes.

What I'm saying is that you should trigger a rule when a card is moved into a list starting with "To Do-" and then you can change the sprint name and the rule will still work.

Douglas Cook June 8, 2020

Sorry, I misread. But it's not actually clear how to create the rule to do this. In the preset conditions for creating such a rule, there's no option to create a rule for list name "including", you can manually edit the list name field and I've tried using the [*] trigger as suggested here https://help.trello.com/article/1156-pattern-matching-and-wildcards but it doesn't work.....

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2020

@Douglas Cook wildcards are {*} rather than [*] the trigger would look like this:

2020-06-09 at 8.19 am.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events