• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Automation Triggers- What happens if changing list name?

I have some automation rules set up to trigger when a card is moved into a particular list, the list in question is a to do list but it gets regularly renamed when we enter new sprints.
It seems that when I rename the list, it no longer triggers the rule, as the rule is looking for the specific list name, as opposed to monitoring that particular list.

Is there any way of creating the rule in such a way that it will continue to run even when I rename the list?

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley Community Leader Jun 05, 2020

@Douglas Cook you can trigger a rule when a card is moved to a list "starting with" a particular word/string, so you just have to name your list like "ToDo - THISCHANGES".

Thanks Iain, though this doesn't seem to work.
In this case I have a list names.

"To Do- Sprint 1-13 June"
So in the trigger I'm renaming for it to trigger on adding a card to the list named.

" To Do- THISCHANGES"

However nothing happens....

Iain Dooley Community Leader Jun 08, 2020

@Douglas Cook the text THISCHANGES in my example was supposed to represent the part of the list name that changes.

What I'm saying is that you should trigger a rule when a card is moved into a list starting with "To Do-" and then you can change the sprint name and the rule will still work.

Sorry, I misread. But it's not actually clear how to create the rule to do this. In the preset conditions for creating such a rule, there's no option to create a rule for list name "including", you can manually edit the list name field and I've tried using the [*] trigger as suggested here https://help.trello.com/article/1156-pattern-matching-and-wildcards but it doesn't work.....

Iain Dooley Community Leader Jun 08, 2020

@Douglas Cook wildcards are {*} rather than [*] the trigger would look like this:

2020-06-09 at 8.19 am.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

836 views 14 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you