Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach email as comment to card

Dan Weimer May 16, 2019

Hello, I'd like to be able to track interactions with Contacts (a Card) based on the email address it was sent from. Ideally, add a custom field 'email' to a Card, forward emails (or bcc) to a Trello email address and have it automatically added as a Comment to that matching Card.

Having a different email address for each Card is too unwieldy to work in practice.

Any suggestions for an approach here?

Thanks, Dan

1 answer

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2019

One option is to send the emails to a single list, and then sort them manually.

Another option is to just have a link in the card, which brings up the email (requires a compatible webmail setup).

Dan Weimer May 18, 2019

Hello, thank you for the response.

I think I'll just forward emails to an Incoming list on a Contacts board and manually copy in the email text to the Comment on a Contact card. A lot of manual work unfortunately.

Trello is good for many things but not so much dealing with Contacts. I find in order to accomplish a task, we need to interact with 1 or more contacts and also see an interaction history. It can be done by bouncing around a lot of different linked cards I suppose but certainly not optimal.

Also, wish a card could have a 'Type' that selects the 'Custom Fields' available on that card. Not every card on a board is the same....

Thanks, Dan

marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2019

Have you thought of switching to a CRM for this?

Dan Weimer May 18, 2019

Yes, we currently use Highrise which works well but they have stopped all development on the product.

Trello is just frustratingly close....simply match the email address of an incoming email to a field on a card and add the contents to a new comment. All the pieces are there.

But I do get it could just be something that not many people have a use for and not a priority.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events