Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach a card file to email

AC Wert Assessoria BPO Financeiro October 4, 2023

How can I attach a card file to an email automatically generated by Buttler?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2023

@AC Wert Assessoria BPO Financeiro 

The fact that there can be several attachments on a card, human intervention is generally required even when using Power Ups to handle this requirement.

I have worked with several but I have yet been able to locate one that allows you to select as part of an Trello automation process. This is in fact requirement from one of my clients.

Power Up (third party) data is typically not available to Trello automation but can be accessible if they are written out to something like a custom field, card description .. or have api that allows you to access the power up data and you can use http request to get them into your automation.

Trello automation for email, as far as I am aware, does not allow you to attach any file(s). I have not come across Email Power Up that does it. Having said this attaching the first or last (without having to select) is doable as long as you can deploy an proxy to get the file from the card.

AC Wert Assessoria BPO Financeiro October 5, 2023

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to respond.

You pointed out very well about the issue of choosing file.
But if I chose to send all the files, I would have the same problem, right?

Thank you again.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2023

@AC Wert Assessoria BPO Financeiro 

Yes, I have been able to create a list  all attachments. When user clicks on any of them it will activate a download or show the file because the link is to a microservice that will handle it for you. 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 5, 2023
AC Wert Assessoria BPO Financeiro October 6, 2023

@milynnus Thank you for helping!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events