Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are the power-ups guaranteed in the future?

Anne Brouwer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 9, 2019

Currently i'm investigating the use of Trello as a PM tool. It would be able to work out fine with some additional power-ups. But because it would only work with some power-ups, is there some sort of guarantee that they will be available in the future? Like they won't get deleted or something? Because then Trello won't cover all the required features. 

Another thing, is Trello responsible for the maintenance for the power-ups or the developers?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2019

No, there are no guarantees.  Like all software, things come and go, often on very short cycles. 

That said, most power-ups are likely to stay, if they provide something a lot of the customers want and Trello doesn't die (unlikely, as Atlassian are one of the few software companies that are likely to have extreme longevity and, well, Trello works)

The developers of a power-up are responsible for maintenance (but, of course, they all have the free choice to say "nope, not going to do this any more")

1 vote
Answer accepted
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2019

@Anne Brouwer 

Hi Anne, there's only a small number of Power-Ups that were developed by Trello. The vast majority comes from 3rd party developers, and Trello states quite clearly that it isn't responsible for the results they bring.

There's always a possibility that they get deleted or removed from the Power-Up Repository.

The developers of these Power-Ups have to make sure their tools are aligned with Trello's rules, but maintenance is up to them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events