Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a location to a list

Ben Hughes January 19, 2022

Is there a way to add a location to an entire list that subsequent cards will then be associated with as opposed to adding a location to each individual card? 

Example - If I have rolling stock that is constantly moving to different locations (my lists), is there a way to assign each list a location that would then assign it to the cards?

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2022

@Ben Hughes 

To write location attributes to a card requires the use of API. Trello has not exposed them. There is currently no automation that allows you to write to the card. Note that there are 4 values - name, address, Lat and Lon.

So even if the list has the values you will still need to call a http request when card is moved into the list to update the tributes.

Definitely doable. I am doing something similar for a client that delivers oil products to their customers. 

Artur March 28, 2022

Or maybe you know an easy way to add multiple cards based on a spreadsheet (zip code, street, city)?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2022

@Artur 

Yes. I have clients with similar requirements. This involves geocoding and using Trello api to add cards with the location attributes added to it. Eg my client from when prepares the data on Google sheet and when it is read activated the conversion. They do this for their fiber cabling projects. 

Artur March 28, 2022

Thanks, I sent a private message :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events