Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 team members using labels for deadline sorting, how to keep separate within same card?

Old City Life September 4, 2018

I'm new to Trello and working out how to best set up my boards.  As a publication, I'm thinking of one board per magazine issue, one card per article in each magazine.  Each card will be assigned to a writer and a photographer.  So that would look like 12 boards, each board having 18 cards within them.

How does the photographer use a label (ie 'In progress') to sort her deadlines/status while the writer uses a label (ie 'Completed') within the same card?  Or do I have to create 2 cards for one article?  I'd rather not have 36 cards within each board, but perhaps this is the best way to do it?

Both work on same project yet independently, so they don't submit as a team, but do utilize the same information given them.

Help!

1 answer

0 votes
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2018

Hey there! Welcome to the community and Trello!

One of the first ideas off the top of my head is to use labels a little differently:

2018-09-04_12-41-34.png

In this way, since more than one label can be applied to each card, you still have visibility over each role and what their status is. The green/yellow/red progression is 'typical' but definitely not how you have to do it if you want a simple and clear way to show who is doing what.

Old City Life September 4, 2018

I should be more clear, sorry. My assumption is the labels are what the writer/photographer use to sort their projects, so the photographer might not be able to sort her list appropriately if it pulls in the writer's labels.  She wants hers to be Contacted, Scheduled, Completed, Submitted.  Make sense?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events