Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello is unable to run commands - Checklist

Rohan Agarwal December 13, 2022

Hello All, 

I have an automation setup on my team's board, where every morning, Butler runs a command to check for past due cards, and then posts a slack message with a list. Each card consists of a few checklists, and Trello checks if a particular checklist is complete or not. 

Recently, butler has been unable to run the command, with an error "too many checklist to load". (Picture attached). I believe, I might have hit my quota. Is there a way to get bac to running my command? I am fine with paying for Trello premium if that helps.Butler command.png

1 comment

Rodolfo Moreira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 16, 2022

Hello, Rohan!

It seems like your board has exceeded the checklist API limit. We have a limit of 5000 checklists per API request (which is how Butler works); I'm not seeing your board so I'm just assuming it, but if you feel that's not your case, you can submit a new ticket with us so we can take a closer look at it. 

You can view all limits in Trello at https://trello.com/1/resource/limits - you may require a JSON Viewer to help make that information more readable. 

In order to mitigate the issue, you'd need to permanently delete checklists on that board, or move cards with checklists from that board to another board. Moving forward, you could also set up a Butler command that deletes a checklist once it's completed. However, please note, that a deleted checklist is not recoverable. 

I hope this help, have a nice day.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events