Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending an email with custom field content

Cyndi Osterhus January 31, 2023

Hello,'

I want to send an email that contains the content of custom fields on a specific card.

Thanks!

Cyndi

3 comments

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2023

@Cyndi Osterhus 

You be able to include custom fields using {{%CF_Name}} in the body of your email. Only CFs on the current will be available to you. 

Cyndi Osterhus February 1, 2023

Thank you! So... If I want the street address of the client whose card is referenced as cardname, I tried including the custom fields {{%Street}} {{%City, State Zip}} in the body of the email. The result was no reference to the address or custom fields. Are my custom field names the problem?

Thanks!

Cyndi

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2023

@Cyndi Osterhus 

It has to be on the current card and the name after % must match exactly with the CF definition

https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/working-with-custom-fields/

Antonio Panea
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2023

Hi @Cyndi Osterhus ,

do you want to send the email directly from the card? What email client are you using?

Cheers

Toni

I want to create a rule. We use Outlook.

Below is the template of our client cards where we add the information in the custom fields. The rule created is 

when a due date is set on a card, send an email notification to "cyndi@rowanpools.com;debbie@rowanpools.com" with subject "Installation Scheduled" and message "Installation for {cardname} has been scheduled. The address is {Street} {City, State Zip}."

We get the message but it includes only the Installation for {cardname} has been scheduled.

custom fields.png

We got it! 

when a due date is set on a card, send an email notification to "cyndi@rowanpools.com;debbie@rowanpools.com" with subject "Installation Scheduled" and message "Installation for {cardname} has been scheduled. The address is {{%STREET}} {{%CITY, STATE ZIP}}."

The DEVIL is in the DETAIL!!!

Thanks to all!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events