Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production plan / Production company / samples

Martin Prachař June 6, 2023

Good evening,  I use Trello in our company for handling running / active production orders, but without any calendar or deadlines.  
I tried to activate premium with possibility to use Timeline but I´ve stucked in avoiding weekends.

Our example - we have 12 CNC machines and full production for 8-10weeks.   I want to be able to move projects (orders) in timeline forward and backward  and ofcourse among the machines.  

There is any possibility to avoid weekends?  Do I need any higher skills to program  this scripts?  

I am open to any ideas and guides how to improve my skills too.

Thank you. Martin

1 comment

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2023

Hi @Martin Prachař 

You can certainly build systems like you defined.  I have built some pretty awesome production tracking, supply chain management, job tracking and resource management systems in Trello.  I is something to do well you should have to have:

1. An absolute understand of your process
  2. An understanding of how to best make Trello fit that process

My advice for designing it in Trello is to visualise, trelloize it (make the boards, lists cards you need, test it manually and finally automate it.

You can get some inspiration from the Trello Template Gallery 

I had a look and this flow may give you some inspiration...Fabrication Process 

Of course, to turn it into the automated machine that simplifies your production workflow, you will want advanced features and automations and if you are new to this area there are lots of resources, including this video to introduce automations (YouTube is your friend when self-learning) 
Making An Automation: Create Board Rules 

Even though Trello Automation engine is simple and intuitive, to really draw the power from it takes a lot of time and experience and thankfully there are experts who can help.  I would recommend that you look for experts who can help you analyse your needs and generate the best fit for you.  The 2 places to look are:

1. Trello Consultants Right Here in the Community
  2. Atlassian Partner Directory 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events