Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Trello. Would love to have your suggestions.

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2019

Hello,

I have just started using Trello to manage my Reading list, Watching list and Monthly Grocery.

I would love to have suggestions/ advice if you have already been using Trello for these activities.

I would also like everyone to share for what other tasks/ activities you use Trello?

6 comments

Ilya Turov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2019

Hey,

I've recently decided to give Trello a try for personal use as well.

So far I'm using it for regular tasks to see what I need to do, basically as a flat list, but really like your idea about Reading and Watching lists.

Like # people like this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2019

@Ilya TurovTry it out for such ideas (in addition to managing regular tasks) and share your experience :-)

Like Himanshu likes this
Devon Henderson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2019

For a while, I had Trello set up to pull from my GoodReads account to track my reading list - it was great! The downside was that I never used it, as I always just used GoodReads haha. But if it's something you're interested in setting up, each list in your GoodReads account has an RSS feed, and I used Zapier to plug the two together (any time something was added to my Want To Read list, it created a Trello card). 

I am also in the middle of setting up a grocery board, where there are lists for store departments (dairy, frozen, canned, bread, etc.) and cards for items I repeat buy. Then a green TO BUY label gets applied when things run low. I also will add cards for one-off purchases to their proper list, and then when shopping just filter by the TO BUY label. Then I can see what I need to buy in each department when at the store. For one off items, I will archive them. For repeat items, I'll just remove the label. This is all theoretical, but in my brain, it seems like it will work ;)

I've also always wanted to make a TV Shows board, with lists for platforms and cards for shows. Then to have a checklist per season with items for each episode, so you can check them off as you watch and know how many you've got left. But it's a lot of setup and I haven't done it just yet.

Now I really want to set that board up, though... there goes my evening! ;)

Like # people like this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 11, 2019

@Devon Henderson: I really liked your idea of integrating GoodReads and Trello board using RSS feed. I will set this up right now.

Like Himanshu likes this
Deleted user September 11, 2019

Funny that Devon mentioned Goodreads because my Reading and Watching List looked a lot like that > Want to Read, Reading, Read

I also have a "Growth" board where I can save links to articles to read, classes to take, etc.

Like Deepanshu Natani likes this
Bjørn Tore Hansen September 23, 2019

My private Trello is mostly a to-do with following lists: Long term, To do (short term), Month-dependent to-dos, Ongoing, Blocked (Waiting on other people, done from my side) and Completed. Every month i add the name of the month the tasks were completed to the completed list and archive it.

Erika Nunotani
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2019

I use Trello for my travel plans with friends after a suggestion from a coworker! We can all put restaurants we want to eat at in a list - add pictures and details, and then face vote on the restaurants we personally would want to eat at. Then we can move the restaurants into lists of the travel days (and use the location power-up to see what's nearby).

Like Deepanshu Natani likes this
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2019

To be honest you can use Trello for everything. The concept is based on Kanban boards to so anything you want to put on a "wall" is good. Possibilities are endless. I use it mostly for my family and personal TODO, shopping list which is created on a meal cards - simple and easy to collaborate with my wife on this since mostly I am doing shopping and she is cooking :)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events