cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Excel (XLS) to Trello

Manu Moya
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 14, 2024

I am having some problems with my team board on trello when i import some excel to the board: 

There are some rules (automatizations) previously setted that are not working for the data imported from excel, but instead they work for the tasks that we have setted on trello. Particularly the problems are with the dates, we are having to modify manually all the dates that we import in order to make the automatizations work. 

Anyone have been working with this problem? It´s someting about formats? 

1 comment

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2024

Hi, @Manu Moya are you able to share one of the butler rules that isn't currently working?

Manu Moya
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 17, 2024

Hi @Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows  thanks for your help. 

The rule is : 
When star date less than 5 days from now is set on a card in list "Planning", move the card to the top of list "On Going", and set custom field "status" to "Pending of approval". 

This rule doesn't work when i import an excel with blue cat, i've tried different pluggings without success, and also tried all the posible formats for "date" on the document. 

Is there something am i missing? 

The only posible solution i have find was to correct all the cards dates manually, like setting the date on the calendar analogically and then the rule start to work.

Hope i was clear, thanks. 

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2024

@Manu Moya I think it's because the trigger "when a start date is set", only applies when you set a start date on a card that already exists on the board. So, let's say you move a card with a start date already set into the board, the automation won't trigger seeing as the card is being added with the start date already set.

I would say that when you import cards into the board, the card is being added WITH the start date, so it won't trigger the automation.

I would create a secondary rule in order to capture these cards being imported into the board.

when a card starting in less than 5 days is added to the board...

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events