Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello dreams coming true today… more label colors available!

141 comments

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Ami Fazchas October 7, 2022

@Liam "the Trello team is committed to delivering a product that meets your needs. That is why come to work every day - to build a product that people love to use."

You had one. You fixed what wasn't broken. 

"Our decision in this instance has less to do with engineering capability though and more to do with our overall design direction and prioritization. That said, we continue to make solid progress towards a solution that we hope will improve the usability of labels while maintaining the accessibility and modernization goals that we have for Trello."

What I'm hearing here is that you have a development plan that doesn't take into account actual user input and has no plan to. You have an amazing product and you've gotten so caught up in chasing evolution that you've cut off your nose to spite your face.

Still awaiting a rollback.

Like # people like this
Tajana Tusek October 16, 2022

The colours are too pale, so you can't really distinguish them at first glance, which was a significant part of the planning system it took me a while to develop in Trello. So, I'm really upset about this and wondering if I can still keep using Trello.

I don't see why new colours just couldn't have been added to the old ones, so everyone can choose what they prefer.

Like # people like this
zshirley October 17, 2022

@Tajana Tusek yeah, then they could have said 40 colors instead of 30.

Like Donna likes this
Denise Kefe December 4, 2022

I'm sorry.  I do not like the new faded labels.  They are hard to see and not as noticeable as a defined factor for color coding items.

Like # people like this
vinc December 6, 2022

It's been 3 months already, came back to the thread to see if there's been any improved plans ...

Like # people like this
Donna December 6, 2022

Thanks for the reminder @vinc , seems as though the whole thing has fallen on deaf ears - I have reworked my approach so I am not as reliant on these labels anymore as hopelessly too washed out to gain a good trench of productivity from them...

Like # people like this
Harjit Samra January 10, 2023

Welcome to 2023 and the same old crappy colors that the Trello team have forced on us

Like # people like this
Philipp Ritz January 10, 2023
Like # people like this
Tushar Bhargava February 9, 2023

Is the Trello team planning to make any changes to the labels based on the feedback they gathered from the in-app survey (or publicly share the results from the survey)? Working with the new faded labels continues to be incredibly frustrating.

Like # people like this
Tushar Bhargava March 27, 2023

I was excited to see some changes to the Trello labels being A/B tested this past week!

The new variation of labels on my personal Trello account had the dot removed and the label background colors subtly changed.

Unfortunately, the label background color and label font color still remained faded and not at all visually helpful, but it's promising that the Trello team is testing out some changes to the labels. Hopefully, the old-style of labels with bright label background colors and visible label font colors make a return.

Like # people like this
W Bruce Cameron April 20, 2023

I have poor color vision and cannot tell the difference between these colors at all.  The old, primary colors were great.  These are absolutely terrible.

Like # people like this
Samuel Chilcott July 2, 2023

THANK YOU 

To the Trello team who made the last option have BRIGHT WHITE TEXT on a bold background!

Although the colours are not what they used to be, this is MUCH BETTER.

All the best!

Philipp Ritz July 2, 2023

I still do not see any real improvement. Bold colors are still missing. 

Bildschirmfoto 2023-07-02 um 09.46.40.png

Like # people like this
Josh Leard July 31, 2023

Having the above colors would be great, like everyone else I really do not like the pastel look trello made. I would also like to see the option to change the cover colors. I use them just as much as the labels and the cover colors do not stand out like they used to. It makes it hard for me to look at it and know what kind of job I marked it as. Please give us the old colors back or more options. 

Like # people like this
AndrewW September 27, 2023

Trello just gets worse and worse each time Atlassian's coders are allowed to tinker with it. A great product being steadily eroded by incompetent, tech-centred thinking that demonstrates zero understanding of the user experience and zero human-centred design competence.

Please stop messing with stuff that is not broken simply to avoid addressing the real problems (like the still-missing card mirroring capability, as one glaring example). Atlassian seems now more focussed on entertaining their Trello coders than designing a truly great solution. The fact that such a massive modification like changing all the labels (a major user interface component) can be allowed to happen without any meaningful user research... It's a case study in poor management and lack of product leadership.

What a tragic mess Trello has become.

Like # people like this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2023

@AndrewW thought i had stopped watching this post, but turns out i hadn't! Thanks for the reminder, fixing now 👋

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events