Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on Collaborator Limit for Free Trello Workspaces

Hey Trello Enterprise Admins,

In case you missed our latest Blog post announcement on Work Life, we are beginning the process of setting a new collaborator limit for free Trello Workspaces in phases:

• Starting April 8, 2024: If your free Trello Workspace already has 10 or more collaborators, you won’t be able to add new collaborators to the Workspace, unless you upgrade your plan or reduce the number of collaborators to below the limit.

• Starting May 20, 2024: If your free Trello Workspace has more than 10 collaborators, the boards in this Workspace will become view-only. You’ll be able to see all the boards in the Workspace but won’t be able to make changes, unless you upgrade your plan or reduce the number of collaborators to below the limit.

As these changes roll out and your organization’s unlicensed Trello users start hitting these limits, they can request for their free Workspace to be added to Trello Enterprise by going to their “Workspace settings” and hitting “Request” under the “Add to Enterprise” section.

You as the Enterprise Admin can approve/deny these requests by going to your Trello Enterprise Admin Dashboard and navigating to the “Pending Workspaces” tab. You can also go to the “Non-Enterprise” tab to add the workspaces that might be over the 10 collaborator limit to your Trello Enterprise (but have not requested to join the Enterprise yet).

Trello Enterprise_Workspace.png

We also recommend checking out our Trello Enterprise Getting Started guide or our Trello Support doc to see this approval process step-by-step.

Please check out the FAQ Support doc for more information about the new workspace collaborator limit—thank you for your continued support for Trello as your go-to productivity and work management tool!

4 comments

Comment

karin-siepmann
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 6, 2024

HI,

After 5 years of using Trello extensivly for free, I am afraid, that i must leave, because even if I would be willing to pay for myself a pro or standard version, i would need to make all the others on all my different boards and workspaces to do the same, which is likely unpossible. 

My "normal" usecase for Trello is not on an entreprise basis, but on a project basis. Projects with a lot of different stakeholders in different other entreprises. 

Additionally I was not yet able to understand the workspace system fully. I have members of my boards in my workspace (which are not workspace members), who started creating in their accounts own boards with other members, and all of them count to my initial workspace. And I even cant see them in detail or remove them as guests from my workspace.

I assume you will experience a lot of mess with a lot of users, eventually leaving Trello, which is really a pitty, as it was my very much favored tool for a lot of different usecases.

When will the option to remove quests be live?

thanks in advace 

Karin

Caity
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2024

Hi @karin-siepmann! We'll have new tools in place to allow you to fully remove any Workspace member or guest by the end of March.

Only members of a Workspace can create boards in that Workspace, so it sounds like those other users may have been members of the Workspace itself at some point. Guests can only see the board(s) they're a member of and can't create new boards. If you don't want someone to create boards in you're Workspace, you can remove them from your list of Workspace members.

Once our new tools come out later this month, you'll be able to remove those collaborators even if you're not able to see the boards they're using in your Workspace.

Like karin-siepmann likes this
Markus Scheer March 7, 2024

Hi, we are using Trello Free for some of our projects. Can you please confirm if all members of a workspace >10 need to have a paid plan, or does only the workspace owner(s) need to have a paid plan?
Following the post of Karin Siepmann, it is impossible to convert all workspace members to paid plan. Many thanks.

Like karin-siepmann likes this
Caity
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2024

@Markus Scheer Sorry, I didn't see your question earlier! Upgrades apply to the entire Workspace rather than an individual user, so you wouldn't choose individual people to upgrade. Once you upgrade, the bill is automatically calculated taking into account all billable users. Members of the Workspace itself are always billable, and guests of the Workspace are billable if they are members of more than one board. If the guest is only on one board, they're free.

We have some more info on how this works here: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/how-billing-works-with-trello-premium-and-standard/

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events